Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Canada Day, eh

Washington, DC may seem to be a strange place to celebrate the birth of a nation that was created primarily as a deterrent to greedy eyes looking northward, but this morning, with the help of the City of Calgary, the Calgary Exhibition and Stampede and many other generous sponsors, the Canadian Embassy put on a Stampede Pancake Breakfast with a flair. In fact, there were only a few touches to remind me that I wasn’t in Calgary during Stampede Week.

Many thanks to all the volunteers who made it possible and my especial thanks to Barb and Murray Smith who got us invitations! A few shots from my day…














No they’re not coming to arrest m
e, but these RCMP Officers were kind enough to pose with me and my friends, Duncan and Allie as well as many other breakfasters. Mounties are great!!














Canada’s Ambassador to the US with Duncan, Allie and some strange guy who shows up in my pictures from time to time.

















Barb and Murray Smith, our indispensable ‘native guides’!!















US Supreme Court Building















The backside of the Capitol with the Washington Monument visible to the left.











Some guy named George lives here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home