Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Quote of the Day

"I accept Mr. Grewal's decision, and I understand his reasons. On behalf of the Conservative Party of Canada, I would like to thank Mr. Grewal for his years of service to the people of Newton-North Delta. I wish Mr. Grewal all the best in his future endeavours." Stephen Harper's reaction to MP Gurmant Grewal's decision not to run for re-election. Source: Globe and Mail

It's almost like the Rabbi's prayer for the Tsar: 'May God bless and keep Mr. Grewal... far away from us!!' Mr. Grewal, as you'll recall, was the MP who had audio tapes (which may or may not have been altered) showing that the Liberals may or may not have been offering him and his wife future patronage appointments if they crossed to the Liberals, prior to a non-confidence vote this spring (you know the one that wasn't held until after Belinda Stronach crossed the floor to be given a shiny new cabinet post?). Afterwards, Mr. Grewal decided to take some stress leave. I notice his wife, Nina, is still running in her seat though...

1 Comments:

Blogger Allie Wojtaszek said...

I am amazed that she is running actually - not just because of the crappiness her hubby pulled but I wasn't under the impression he would "allow" her to run...

9:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home