Wednesday, November 23, 2005

My friend, Duncan sent me this link "If at first you don't succeed, fire and fire again" last night. The article led me to draw a few observations:
  • As I suspected, Mr. Martin did regard the firing of M. Pelletier as "one of the few pleasures he's enjoyed in... being PM", so much so that he wants to do it again.
  • Apparently, the Justice Minister agrees with the court decision as the current firing process appears to meet the base requirements outlined by that decision.
  • This does not bode well for the government in the civil case M. Pelletier has brought forward, which could cost taxpayers at least $3 million if the court finds in favour of M. Pelletier...
  • I wonder what M. Pelletier's response will be (if any) to this new warning letter?
  • I also wonder what disciplinary action (if any) former Transport Minister (and current Government House Leader) Valeri will face for not following proper procedures?

On the other hand, at least the government now knows the procedure of how to fire someone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home