Thursday, December 01, 2005

Quote of the Day
"It's time to turn the page on the sponsorship issue. It's been put out there, it's been solved. The Liberal party has taken a beating, now it's time to move on." Marc Garneau, proving his astronomical achievements are matched by an astronomical arrogance. Source: CP

I'm sorry, but I'm now really (really) sick of the phrase, 'it's time to move on', so perhaps I'm overreacting a tad when I shout... WHAT THE *BLEEP* DO YOU MEAN, IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON??!!

Excuse me, BUT didn't Paul Martin plead with us on national TV last spring not to rush into any judgements until Justice Gomery had his say? Have we had an election since then? Has not former Prime Minister Chretien just now legally challenged Gomery's findings to date? And when did it get 'solved'? Are we not still, in fact, waiting for Gomery's recommendation on how to 'solve' the matter? And, in case you missed me asking it the first time, have Canadian voters had ANY opportunity to examine fully the charges and testimony in detail and pass their own judgement on Adscam in an election?

And now, we're supposed to 'move on' because the Liberal party (poor thing!) has 'taken a beating'? Well, with arrogance like that, Garneau is a natural as a Liberal, but I have to hope the good people of Vaudreuil-Soulanges decide that he should 'move on' outside the House of Commons. When I first saw my Duncan's prediction of 65 Bloc seats in Quebec, I thought he was considerably overestimating their chances (heck, I thought my own estimate of 60 to be on the very high side!). Now I'm not so sure...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home